The Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show®, recognized as one of the world’s largest boat shows and THE winter destination to find the best in boating, marks its 75th year at a new home – the iconic Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin, February 11-15, 2016. Just minutes from downtown Miami, the boat show’s new location is an island oasis, ideal to shop more than 1,200 new boats and accessories and experience life on the water.
- 1,200 new boats, including more than 400 boats in-water at a temporary marina featuring new 100% EPA-compliant docks
- Product ranges from luxury yachts, sport fishers, and high-speed performance boats, to family cruisers and runabouts as well as the newest boating technologies, gear and accessories
- Large, state-of-the art, air-conditioned clear span structures will showcase boats, engines, electronics and more on land
- Strictly Sail Miami features more than 125 sailboats, dozens of daily seminars, and the latest sailing gear (access from Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin via free water taxi or shuttle bus service)
- There will be approximately 600,000 square feet of exhibitor space displaying marine products at Miami Marine Stadium Park and Basin and Miamarina at Bayside
- The Miami Boat Show celebrates its 75th anniversary in 2016
- The Miami Boat Show began in 1941 under one tent with 50 boats.
- The 2016 Miami Boat Show is featuring three iconic South Florida boats:
- Pilar – Fishing Boat built by Wheeler Shipyard, Inc. – Replica and “sistership” of Ernest Hemingway’s famous boat that inspired many of his works including the classic, The Old Man and the Sea
- Original Miami Vice Scarab – James “Sonny” Crockett’s speedboat in the TV series Miami Vice
- Carol Suzanne – Vintage South Florida Racing Boat – Miami Marine Stadium basin’s most prominent racing boat built by Robert Schroeder
- Expecting more than 100,000 people from around the world to attend the show in 2016
- Estimated annual economic impact of $597 million in Florida (that’s more than having a SuperBowl every year)
- Directly supports an estimated 6,500 jobs
- Out of town visitors are expected to spend $83 million over the five-day show
Miami International Boat Show
The Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world´s largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle.
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies is a leader in boat insurance and the largest seller of personal watercraft insurance in the U.S. It offers flexible, year-round coverage so boaters can go wherever they choose, whenever they choose and have peace of mind they are protected.
Sources: miamiboatshow.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+
Photos / Videos: Miami International Boat Show
All articles about - miamiboatshow
Your Advertising here [Website] [Send an Email]