- After the success of the previous five editions, the 6th edition of Barcelona Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona Regatta gets consolidated as a reference meeting point for lovers of classic Mediterranean sailing
- Once again Barcelona will boast legendary yachts and masterpieces from naval architecture such as Moonbeam III and Moonbeam IV, Malabar, Mariquita, Alba or Islander
- The quadrilateral routes will be held near Barcelona’s beaches so the whole city can be delighted with the participating yachts in such a unique and exclusive event
Barcelona is getting ready to host the 6th Edition of Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona Regatta, which will gather the best fleet of classic and vintage yachts of the Mediterranean. This unmissable date for sea lovers will assemble the most representative personalities of classic sailing and will be held from 10th to 13th July this upcoming summer.
After the great success of the last five editions and its national and international level projection, the Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona Regatta has consolidated itself as one of the main events of the classic yachting. Due to its participants and also to its exclusive atmosphere, year after year, the Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona is gaining inconditional followers amongst owners and expert fans.
Increasingly more and more people come to the Catalan capital to attend this sailing show, well known for the beauty of its location and the historical and cultural richness of its surroundings. Following its long trajectory in sponsoring sporting events, once again Puig will transform the waters of the Catalan capital into a floating museum by hosting a show that has become a social and sporting referent due to its extraordinary beauty and elegance.
Puig has always been closely connected to Barcelona and the yacht world. “Art, aesthetics and tradition are just a few of the defining values for Puig and classic sailing. With this regatta we can offer an exclusive event in such a cosmopolitan and international city as Barcelona”.
Legendary boats from all around the world
Approximately fifty classic and vintage boats coming from our country and other places around the globe (England, France, United States, Italy, etc.), are expected to sail with the aim of offering a solemn staging of pure sailing tradition. Which is seldom seen in major cities like Barcelona.
During those four days of next July, anyone visiting this cosmopolitan city will have the luxury of witness first-hand these centenary yachts which are real naval masterpieces part of an incommensurable historical value collection. Many of the yachts have decided attend again to this year’s edition encouraged by the success of the past editions and the highly competitive level.
This is the case of Moonbem III and Moonbeam IV, Mariquita, Malabar and Alba, which are already among those registered. Some other boats such as Diana, Islander, Flika or Cascabel will also be in this VI edition to compete for a trophy, which is becoming a referent in the European classic yachting as the years go by.
The VI Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona Regatta is divided into four categories according to its design, antiquity and size:
- Vintage Boats: boats made of wood or metal launched before 31 December 1949.
- Classic Boats: made out of wood or metal according to the original plans and launched between 1 January 1950 and 31 December 1975.
- International Class Boats 15 M JI: a minimum of three yachts must be entered to form a group; if not, they’ll be entered at the CIM Gaff Class.
- Big Boat Yachts: both Vintage and Classic boats with at least 25 metres length. A minimum of three boats must be entered to form a group.
The Regatta Puig Vela Clássica
Vela Clássica Barcelona
Sources: puigvelaclassicabarcelona.com | Facebook | Twitter
Photos / Videos: The Regatta Puig Vela Clássica , MartinezStudio.es
All articles about - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona - PuigVelaClassicaBarcelona
Your Advertising here [Website] [Send an Email]