The Tullett Prebon London Boat Show starts tomorrow. Here the FACTS and HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Tullett Prebon London Boat Show has up to 500 exhibitors and 1,000 boats on display
- The Show is celebrating its 58th year in London
- Show sponsors Tullett Prebon are title sponsors of the Show for the third year running
- The biggest boat at the Show is the Sunseeker 40M
- The smallest boat at the Show in 2012 is the Sectional Pram Dinghy from Nestaway Boats Ltd, measuring just 2.4 metres
- The Sunseeker 40M will also be the most expensive yacht on display worth £17.5 million inc VAT, but at the other end of the scale wakeboards are on display from as little as £100
- 18th Century warship, HMS Victory will be represented at the Show with her fore topgallant yardarm on display and available for all to climb the rigging in the Classic Boat Attraction in association with Teamac Marine Paints
- 70 metres long, 24 metres wide and containing over a million litres of water, the Watersports Action Pool is the centre of attention at the Show
- The Watersports Action Pool is going to feature a brand new never seen before piece of equipment promising to bring bigger, faster and better tricks from the wakeboarders
- Brand new attraction, Going for Gold, will see eight of the Olympic-class sailing boats due to be used by Team GBR this summer
- Other attractions include: Clarks Knowledge Box where boating experts will pass on their advice and knowledge; the Sail Handling Demo Rig in association with Yachting Monthly, helping sailors of all abilities get to grips with their spinnaker handling; the Used Boat Marina in association with YachtWorld.com with more than 40 boats for sale; the Boardwalk in association with Boats.com
- The 2012 Show will see over 45 debuts announced at the Show including 14 world boat launches
- The 2012 Show will feature five Shows in one! The Luxury Lifestyle & Supercar Showcase will debut at the Show in the South Hall*, along with the Outdoor Show, London Bike Show and Active Travel Show from 12 -15 January
- Model, heiress and broadcaster Tamara Ecclestone will officially open the 2012 Tullett Prebon London Boat Show at ExCeL London on Friday, 6 January.
- As president of the RYA, HRH The Princess Royal will be at the Show on Wednesday 11 January to award the 2012 RYA Yachtmaster of the Year award.
- The Luxury Lifestyle & Supercar Showcase is the brand new accompaniment to the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show is set in a stunning open-plan gallery showcasing some of the most premium, luxury brands on the market such as Mayfair Gallery, Wayne Pollock Travel offering bespoke holidays, Clive Christian and Range Rover
- Sailing personalities Ben Ainslie, Iain Percy and Andrew Simpson will be present at the Show on the Going for Gold stand along with GBR athletes, Sprint Kayaker Jess Walker, K1 Slalom Kayaker Huw Swetnam and Women’s K4 5000m Sprint Kayaker Abi Edmonds
- Additional personalities at the Show: Clarks’ Knowledge Box will see numerous famous faces take to the stand throughout the 10 day Show, including Michelin starred chef Adam Gray, one of the UK’s leading powerboat racers, Shelley Jory-Leigh, Olympic silver medalist Mark Covell and Mike Golding OBE, who has sailed over 250,000 miles in his lifetime and competed in many of the world’s toughest yacht racing events. They will be joined by coaching legend Jim Saltonstall MBE and European Powerboat Champion, fitness competitor, stunt woman and TV presenter, Sarah Donohue.
- Several watersports champions will also be at the Show, some of whom will be heading onto the Watersports Action Pool to showcase their skills. Wakeboarding stars include four times European Boat Champion, Dan Nott, three times British National Champion, CK Koester, and (on late night Thursday), current World Champion, Nick Davies, and British Ladies’ Champion, Steph Caller. All of these will take to the water for a series of impressive displays – a ‘must-see’ for any thrill seeker or wakeboarding fan!
London Boat Show
National Boat Shows (NBS) portfolio contains two world-class boat Shows:
PSP Southampton Boat Show in September at Mayflower Park and London Boat Show in January at ExCeL
NBS is a subsidiary of the British Marine Federation (BMF), the trade association for the UK boating industry.
Run by the industry, for the industry, the profits from both Shows are reinvested back into the UK leisure marine industry through the services and representation provided by the BMF.
Articles about the London Boat Show
Articles about the Southampton Boat ShowAdvertising (Website )
Your Advertising here [Website] [Send an Email]