From 14 October to 5 November 2011, the city of Alicante will again become the world’s sailing capital.
In 2008 Alicante first hosted the start of the world-renowned Volvo Ocean Race. The start was an unprecedented success, both for the media and for the sport itself. It was frequently referred to as one of the best starts in the history of the competition, and the city of Alicante was confirmed as start port for next three races. The city of Alicante is also the home of the race and the race office is situated in the heart of the Puerto de Alicante.
The race begins in Alicante, Spain where the warm waters of the Mediterranean lap the town’s historic shores. Alicante’s Race Village will open from October 14 to November 5, with more than a million visitors expected.
- October 14 – Try Sailing (from October 14 – November 5)
- October 14 – Academy Team Racing Clinic
- October 15-16 – Academy Team Racing
- October 22-23 – RS:X Youth Stopover Tour
- October 29 – In-port Race 1400 local time (1200 GMT)
- October 30 – Pro-Am Race 1200 local time (1100 GMT)
- November 1-5 – Legends Regatta and Reunion
- November 5 – Leg 1 Start 1400 local time (1300 GMT). Leg 1 takes the fleet on 6,500 nautical mile race from Alicante to Cape Town.
There will also be a full concert programme in the Race Village starting on October 14 through to November 5th.
Volvo Ocean Race
Sources: volvooceanrace.com | museovolvooceanrace.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Photos / Videos: Volvo Ocean Race , VolvoOceanRace IMG: Ugo Fonolla • Jen Edney • Brian Carlin • Jeremie Lecaudey • Konrad Frost • Tom Martienssen • Jen Edney
All articles about - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace - volvooceanrace
Your Advertising here [Website] [Send an Email]