BLUE enables the creation of marine reserves and establishes models of sustainable fishing.
The Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE) is working to solve the crisis in the oceans through providing innovative solutions to overfishing and enabling the creation of marine reserves.
Although BLUE is a small NGO, it punches above its weight, having achieved a tremendous amount for the oceans in a short time. In 2014 BLUE won NGO of the Year in the PEA (People Environment Achievement) Awards in recognition that it was ‘getting results where they matter most’. In 2015 BLUE won four PEA Awards as part of the GB Oceans Coalition including ‘Overall Champion’.
BLUE is filling a niche in the NGO world, enabling marine conservation to happen fast and effectively. What differentiates BLUE is that we are well connected and determined; we seize opportunities as they arise and get things done. We forge new partnerships and challenge the status quo. BLUE’s strengths lie in the following areas:
- PERSUASION: We work to convince governments to designate more marine protected areas. We advocate changes in legislation to encourage more sustainable fishing practices.
- INNOVATION: We work at the local level to develop best-practice sustainable fisheries that demonstrate how livelihoods and ocean conservation go hand in hand.
- AWARENESS: Through reports, films, articles, images and presentations, we work tirelessly to draw attention to the crisis in the oceans and demonstrate how it can be solved.
- CONNECTIONS: We bring together sources of funding, governments and conservation expertise to catalyse the creation of vast marine protected areas.
- PARTNERSHIPS: We believe in working with others to bring about change. We work with local regulators, other NGOs, businesses and a range of stakeholders to achieve our goal.
BLUE Marine Foundation
BLUE Marine Foundation (BLUE) is a UK based charity founded in 2010. BLUE exists to fix the largest solvable problem on the planet - the crisis in the oceans. Through creating marine reserves BLUE is working towards its goal of protecting 10% of the world's oceans by 2020. Currently just 3% of the world's oceans are under protection. BLUE Marine Foundation is a UK registered charity, no: 1137209. For donations contact: sarajane @ bluemarinefoundation.com
Location: • UK - United Kingdom London
Photos / Videos: BLUE Marine Foundation
All articles about BLUE Marine Foundation ...
Every magazine has a different content. The main edition is in ENGLISH.