In 2017, 2,101 yachts lined up for the start – a world record – and with over 25,000 people on the water and 300,000 on land, the city of Trieste comes alive for this unique spectacle. In 2018 even more participated, in total 2689 sailing yachts.
As commented by the SVBG Chairman Mitja Gialuz, “The Barcolana spirit will shine through with over 300 events on land and at sea creating a unique experience for everyone. The keyword this year is ‘involvement’: sailing is for everyone. The sea belongs to us all and we will celebrate our shared passion for the waters around us, sharing the spirit of the sport with sailors and non-sailors alike.”
MILESTONES TO BARCOLANA
- 26 September – Registrations open for Barcolana50
- 5 October – Event inauguration
- 6-14 October, Trieste Seafront – Barcolana50 Village activities
- 6 October – Concert in Piazza dell’Unità (In aid of the Trieste Children’s Hospital IRCCS Burlo Garofolo charity)
- 6-7 October – at sea Barcolana Young (Optimist regatta), Barcolana Nuota (open water swimming), Lega Italiana Vela (Italian Sailing League): under 19 kickoff (J70 regattas).
- 10-13 October – at sea M32 Circuit Final Race
- 12 October – at sea Italian Navy League (LNI) Regatta, Barcolana Invitational
- 13 October – at sea Generali Cup (J70), Barcolana by Night (Ufo), Barcolana Classic
- 13 ottobre – in mare Generali Cup (J70), Barcolana di Notte (Ufo, Meteor, J70), Barcolana Classic (epoca)
- 14 ottobre – Barcolana50
ROAD TO BARCOLANA
- 3 July, Milan – Unveiling of the Poster and presentation of BarcolanaExperiences
- 4 July, London , Italian Embassy – Presentation to international press
- 25 July, Trieste – Presentation of Polo-Shirt and Launch of BARCOLANA50 sailing
- September, Munich – Presentation of Barcolana to German and Austrian press
- Second week of September, Rome – Presentation of Barcolana to Italian press
- 24 September, Trieste – Press conference of the Main Sponsor Generali: presentation of
calendar of Events.
FACEBOOK for Participation
Beside the usual Facebook page they have created a FacebookGroup for those who are looking for a yacht or a crew to race in this most crowded regatta in the world!
With the topics RACE – WATCH – TOURS they prepared for more than 300,000 a unique experience.
- RACE EXPERIENCE – Be the main protagonist in the most important sailing event of the year: take part in the 50th edition of Barcolana and race in the Gulf of Trieste!
- WATCH EXPERIENCE – Discover different locations to follow the 50th edition of the Barcolana and enjoy all the special activities for a memorable Barcolana experience!
- EXPERIENCE TOURS – Trieste & Barcolana: the perfect match for sport and tourism. Enjoy all the activities offered during the Barcolana week and discover one of Italy’s most beautiful cities!
“We very much hope that Barcolana 2018 will be spoken about with great joy for many years to come.” Mitja Gialuz closing the statement.
The most crowded sailing regatta in the world!
Location: • Italy Triest, Website: barcolana.it
Photos / Videos: Regata Barcolana
All articles about Regata Barcolana ...
Every magazine has a different content. The main edition is in ENGLISH.