Last Update: October 3rd, 2018
. Article available in:An ultra-glamorous event during Europe’s largest in-water show, the Cannes Yachting Festival’s Concours d’Élégance took place on Saturday, 15 September at 4 pm.
This fourth edition was a great success: 15 motorboats and day boats of less than 12 metres in length were presented by their owners or show exhibitors and paraded for almost an hour in front of the festival beach in the bay from Cannes.
This nautical parade of the most beautiful vintage (before 1980) and modern day boats (after 1980) was a true homage to the rich history of yachting in the heart of the Riviera, which also continues to build on the legend of this industry.
In charge of naming the most elegant boats and crews in the categories of vintage boats and modern boats, the jury was composed of Roberto Franzoni – Editor-in-chief of Yachts Italy and President of the jury, Dominique Garibault – Journalist, Nicolas Kappenberger and Denis Delgado – two boating experts and Matthijs Rhee, an Influencer who is well known under his pseudonym, MrSuperyachts.
In addition to the elegance of the crew and the quality of the parade, the jury based their scores on the following criteria:
– for vintage boats: the state of conservation, the quality of the restoration, the history and the scarcity of the boat;
– for modern boats: the originality of the model, its design and its technological innovations.
At the end of this elegant nautical parade, participants, partners, journalists and privileged spectators gathered for the awards ceremony on the festival beach.
The winners of this 4th edition are as follows:
– Vintage boats – built before 1980:
- 1st : ‘Triple Cockpit’ by Hacker-Craft boatyard, dating from 1935. Prize: Force 10 bracelet by Fred jewellers
- 2nd: ‘Tritone’ by Riva boatyard, built in 1962. Prize: selection of care products from Maison Sisley
- 3rd: ‘le petit modèle’ by Eureka, dating from 1940 Prize: magnum of Louis Roederer champagne
– Modern boats – built after 1980:
- 1st: ‘Titian Tender’ by Cockwells – 2018. Prize: Force 10 bracelet by Fred jewelers
- 2nd: ‘Chase 34’ by Cormate boatyard – 2018. Prize: selection of care products from Maison Sisley
- 3rd: ‘Original Model’ by Iguana Yachts – 2018 Prize: magnum of Louis Roederer champagne
The President’s ‘coup de cœur’ award was awarded to the large and small Eureka models.
Prize: magnum of Louis Roederer champagne
Once again, the Cannes Yachting Festival’s Concours d’Elegance has kept its promise to highlight the real jewels of the shipbuilding industry, regardless of their date of manufacture.
The event organisers would like to thank the partners: Maserati, Fred, Sisley, Dalloyau, Louis Roederer, Skipper Motor.
Cannes Yachting Festival
Since 1977, the Cannes Yachting Festival takes place every September in elegant, luxurious surroundings in the sparkling bay of Cannes. The Cannes Yachting Festival is one of many exhibitions organised by Reed Expositions France, which like Fiac and Paris Photo allow an international clientele to meet with top level buyers in an exceptional setting.
Location: • FR - France Cannes
Photos / Videos: Cannes Yachting Festival & © Abracadabra Studios, Yachts XL, Jérome Kelagopian & Mathieu Walter, NauticWebNews.
All articles about Cannes Yachting Festival ...
Every magazine has a different content. The main edition is in ENGLISH.